Note: This post is me expressing my personal opinion. And: I’m not guilty of Defamation of Character by writing a post like this. Why? Because everything I say in this post is questionable at worst, not outright false (Ted Baehr and Tom Snyder haven’t stated that they aren’t fascists): Every claim I make about Ted Baehr and Tom Synder I back up with evidence.
The title of this post is provocative. This is my thought process, though (note: the definitions for the following words come from me typing the words into Google):
1. The definition of Fascism: “An authoritarian and nationalistic right-wing system of government and social organization.” (Emphasis mine.)
2. The definition of Right-Wing: “The conservative or reactionary section of a political party or system.” (Emphasis mine.)
3. The definition of Hegemony: “Leadership or dominance, especially by one country or social group over others.” (Emphasis mine.)
4. The definition of Authoritarian: “Favoring or enforcing strict obedience to authority, especially that of the government, at the expense of personal freedom.” (Emphasis mine.)
5. In a post called What’s Your Worldview?, Ted Baehr and Tom Snyder said the following:
“Christianity, a form of ethical monotheism, is superior to all…non-Christian or anti-Christian worldviews…”
6. In an interview, Tom Snyder said this:
“We support a return to the Moral Code of Decency and the vetting of all scripts for movies going to public theater and DVD retail within 20 years, if not in 3-5 years. That would probably include the elimination of all R-rated and NC-17 content as well as most PG-13 content. We also look forward to Christian/biblical hegemony within [Hollywood]. If this ministry had much more support, our progress would be that much quicker.“ (Emphasis mine.)
7. In tweets, Tom Snyder said this:
8. From this evidence, I came to the conclusion that:
Ted Baehr and Tom Snyder want a right-wing, authoritarian system of government and social organization.
Thus: Ted Baehr and Tom Snyder are fascists.
Regarding any “nationalistic” feelings that Ted Baehr and Tom Snyder might (key word: might) have, click here.
How is Ted Baehr’s and Tom Snyder’s government “authoritarian”?
It is the kind of government that would allow “…the vetting of all scripts for movies going to public theater and DVD retail…”
Under such a government, Freedom of Speech would be restricted since “That would…include the elimination of all R-rated and NC-17 content as well as most PG-13 content.”
In that sense, the government is “authoritarian”: Since it is restricting the freedom — the freedom to make PG-13, R, and NC-17-rated movies — of its citizens.
Tom Snyder wants worldviews that aren’t right-wing (i.e., that aren’t conservative) to be destroyed: “Liberalism and leftism… must be totally destroyed.”
How do I know that Tom Snyder wants a right-wing form of government?
Because he says so:
Thank you for reading.